Hundreds of trips, slips, stumbles and falls cause injury in the United States every day. Many of these are caused by simple inattention by the injured person. Others are caused by the negligence of a municipality, property owner, manager, maintenance worker or employee in failing to make sure their premises are safe for the public. Thankfully most of these negligent parties carry insurance to protect individuals injured by their negligence.
Injuries on someone else’s property can result from a variety of circumstances
- Failing to remove or treat snow and ice
- Failing to place mats on the floor in bad weather or near water sources
- Failing to monitor for and clean up spills
- Failing to rope off dangerous conditions or areas
- Failing to repair damaged surfaces
- Failing to warn about dangerous conditions
- Failing to ensure that objects or structures do not protrude into walking areas
- Failing to properly stack or restrain objects in overhead areas
- Failing to regularly inspect for hazards and dangerous conditions
- Failing to enact policies, procedures, and protocols that minimize or eliminate hazards or dangerous conditions
- Failing to train employees to follow proper safety procedures to eliminate or minimize hazards or dangerous conditions
From falling objects to slippery surfaces to swimming pool drains, Aaron Woods has handled a wide range of premises liability cases. If you have been injured because of a dangerous condition on someone else’s premises, our Kansas City premises liability lawyers have the experience to help.